Need help? Use our live webchat. Status:
You must read and accept the site rules before accessing the centre.
- You must follow instructions given by staff for your safety.
- Children and animals must remain in your vehicle at all times.
- Only Edinburgh residents with their own household waste can use recycling centres.
- Commercial, trade or business waste is not allowed.
- You must observe speed limits and traffic flow signs. Reversing is not allowed.
- All waste must be sorted and deposited in the correct container.
- Only authorised contractors may remove materials.
We prosecute anyone who threatens or assaults our staff.
What vehicles are allowed into recycling centres
- Only Edinburgh residents in domestic vehicles can use the recycling centres.
- No vans are allowed at Craigmillar.
- Liveried vans are not allowed at any centre. Vans with no branding are only allowed if you bring two forms of identification, such as your utility bill and your driving licence or passport.
- If you're using a hire van you must bring the hire documents and two forms of identification, such as your utility bill and your driving licence or passport.
- Staff can refuse access to anyone who fails to produce the correct documents.
New opening hours
From 1 April 2019, opening hours at all sites have changed to
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 9am to 5pm
- Thursday 9am to 6.30pm
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday 9am to 5pm.
Emergencies or severe weather may cause the centres to close at short notice.You must read and accept the site rules before accessing any of the recycling centres
Seafield recycling centre access changes
The Fillyside Road entrance is no longer in use and residents need to access the recycling centre from 76 Seafield Road, EH6 7LW. The new (permanent) entrance/exit has been created because of the redevelopment of the depot and the opening of the waste transfer station.
We are building transfer stations at Sighthill and Seafield recycling centres. We are also carrying out other works to make the sites easier to use. We are sorry for any inconvenience the works may cause you.
Seafield waste transfer station should be opening in early June 2019 and Sighthill waste transfer station is due to open by July 2019. Access to the recycling centres will change when these waste transfer stations open, but they will remain open.