Only Edinburgh residents can use our household waste recycling centres at
- Seafield HWRC, 76 Seafield Road, EH6 7LW
- Craigmillar HWRC, Old Dalkeith Road, EH16 4TB - no vans allowed
- Sighthill HWRC, Bankhead Avenue, EH11 4EA
You must read and accept the site rules before accessing the centre.
- You must follow instructions given by staff for your safety.
- Children and animals must remain in your vehicle at all times.
- Only Edinburgh residents with their own household waste can use recycling centres.
- Commercial, trade or business waste is not allowed.
- You must observe speed limits and traffic flow signs. Reversing is not allowed.
- All waste must be sorted and deposited in the correct container.
- Only authorised contractors may remove materials.
We prosecute anyone who threatens or assaults our staff.
What vehicles are allowed into recycling centres
- Only Edinburgh residents in domestic vehicles can use the recycling centres.
- No vans are allowed at Craigmillar.
- Liveried vans are not allowed at any centre. Vans with no branding are only allowed if you bring two forms of identification, such as your utility bill and your driving licence or passport.
- If you're using a hire van you must bring the hire documents and two forms of identification, such as your utility bill and your driving licence or passport.
- Staff can refuse access to anyone who fails to produce the correct documents.
We are building waste transfer stations and making improvements at Sighthill and Seafield. Access to the centres will change when the stations open. The waste transfer station at
- Seafield is due to open in June 2019
- at Sighthill in July 2019.